CWICNY has been fortunate and grateful to have received 2 Aid to Localities grants from NY State Senator Betty Little - totalling $438,000.
These funds have been and continue to be used to address priority water quality and natural resource issues and initiatives throughout the Lake Champlain Watershed in NY.
Since 2008, the projects funded through Aid To Localities have included:
- Ag Plastics Recycling Program (Throughout Lake Champlain Watershed)
- Aquatic Invasive Plant Stewardship and Education (Rainbow Lake and Hadlock Pond)
- Municipal Assistance with Stormwater and Wastewater (Lake George/Saranac Lake/Willsboro/Wilmington)
- Streambank Erosion (Ausable River, Boquet River, Mettawee River, Prospect Mountain Brook, English Brook)
- Barnyard Improvements (Washington County)
- Erosion and Sediment Control (Road Ditch Hydroseeding and stabilization throughout the Watershed)
CWICNY continues to utilize and focus the remainder of the Aid to Localities funding to target water quality and natural resource priority issues in every corner of the Lake Champlain Watershed in NY.